Sunday, August 17, 2008

Logo

My first week , I was asked to make the logo for our company. I was given a rough draft of the logo which had been made in MS Paint by someone. I made a few circular based C's and liked the one above the most and plopped the strange J on there and just ran with it. My boss couldn't have been happier. Later I added color, and actually doubled the J to the left, so there is a black J and a grey shadow of the J on the C, which is like Burnt Sienna.

Then I took the weird J and built it into a quick and dirty typeface I put together in an afternoon. The long and short of it is that my boss loved the logo an absolutely HATED the typeface I came up with. I was crushed, but resilient, because I still make fun of his choice of Algerian as our corporate font. Tomorrow at work I'll maybe but together a sample of the finished product for the blog.

No comments: